We know that “Content is King” and to make an online business successful, we need to produce quality content that can motivate users to read, engage and then act.
Here are a few facts you might be interested in.
Today, I will share a few tips that can help you produce effective, engaging content.
- Create a list of topics you want to publish along with a schedule detailing when you want to publish them. Here is one example:
|Topic||Publishing site||Date to Publish||Time to Publish||Audience|
|Conversion Rate Optimization||Own Blog||01/01/2015||Friday 8 pm GMT||25+ USA Male|
|Google AdWords||Moz.com||07/01/2015||Tuesday 5 pm GMT||Moz readers|
|Ecommerce||Own Blog||13/01/2015||Monday 7 pm GMT||20+ English Speaking Male|
- Search the topic (eg: Google AdWords) on Buzzsumo.com and make a list of the top websites that have been shared in the past month.
- Note down all the links and study what these websites articles are talking about.
- Make a summary of this content and build a content draft of more than 1,000 words (larger is better).
- Once you have the drafted content ready, then decide on the title, the flow and the summary of the article. There are three main parts to effective content:
a. Title of the article – To produce an effective title you need to use the following tools:
- Portent– This tool can help you determine how effective the title is from your audience’s point of view.
- Aminstitute – Once the 2 titles are ready, start working on the article structure.
b. Article structure – Now that you have the title and the drafted content, you have to break the main content into different subheadings. Make sure you follow the flow of the article and don’t simply add headings randomly. Let me give you one example:
|Headline||5 easy steps to prepare a healthy cup of tea|
|Sub Headline||Why tea is healthy?|
|– Sub-Sub Headline||Benefits of tea|
|– Sub-Sub Headline||Types of tea users|
|Sub Headline||How to detect quality tea leaves|
|Sub Headline||How to prepare a cup of tea|
|Sub Headline||Health impact of tea|
c. Article Summary – Once you have completed the structure, the final step is to develop a conclusion. The conclusion acts as a summary for the whole article and also helps let users know what to do next. The article summary must have two important parts:
- A conclusion to the whole article
- A guide to let users know what to do next.
6. You will now have an article with a title, content outline, reference content and a conclusion. Now you need to find the keywords that this article will target. We are not building cheap SEO content, but we should place some keywords or key phrases in the content so that it can help with SERP ranking. To find the relevant keywords, you need to follow a few simple steps:
- Use tools like Google Keywords. Use the topic of your article as the keyword, and then choose your target market (the audience you want to address).
- Once you have completed the search, you will see several keywords which you can download.
- After analysing the competition and their traffic volume, select the keywords which have less competition but high traffic. You can target those keywords.
- List 5 keywords per 1,000 words.
- You or your writer need to place these keywords in the article in a natural way.
7. To make the content even more interesting, you can add statistical data, graphs or some other legitimate reference so that the article looks more interesting and trustworthy.
8. Now it’s time to hire a content rewriter. Let the writer know your target audience and the type of article you are looking for (i.e. academic, casual, etc.).
9. Article without images are boring to read. Placing relevant, meaningful images in the article is crucial since an image expresses thousands of words. To place effective, relevant images in the article, you can use a few websites which provides free images. Some of these websites are:
Please don’t use Google to find an image and place it on your website. This can cause a lot of harm. If you like, you can also use paid images or you can customize images. Also, don’t forget to name your image in a meaningful way. Don’t simply use a name like 1002.jpg, but instead use something like proper-image-name.jpg
- After the writer submits the content, you should review and approve it. You can also add any images you have found to the article to make it more interesting. Once you are ready, pass on the edited content to proofreaders.
- Once the proof-reader has finished checking the article, it’s time to publish it.
Well done! You are ready to go. All you need to do now is promote your content. In the next article, I will explain you how you can promote your content to generate more traffic.
Writing good content is an art, but writing quality content which can increase user engagement and help build trust, reputation and authority is a creative science.
You always need to push yourself so that you generate something with real value. If you want users to read your content and spend their valuable time, there needs to be something extra.
So, don’t write content for search engines or for crawlers. Write for real users who really want to hear from you and want to learn from you. Teach them what you know, enrich them and share as much value as you can.
Moreover, don’t focus on quantity but on quality. Assume, you generate one highly engaging, 2,000-word article. That one quality article will generate more traffic and authority than 10 low-quality SEO articles. So, invest your time and resources on building content that matters.
Do you think this article is useful? Don’t hesitate to share this article or place a comment. We are eagerly waiting to hear from you.