How I, a patient, searched for a dentist while facing toothache ?
It was around 2 am, I started to feel severe pain in my mouth. I had no idea what what to do. I was feeling uneasy for last few days and I was aware that there are some problems in my mouth. But never expect to have so much pain at midnight.
I tried hot water, salt and other home remedies but nothing relief my pain. I realized I need a dental doctor. The first question arrives where can I find a good dentist or a dental clinic?
Following are few options came to my mind while searching for a professional dentist or dental sergeon:
- Ask partner or family members – 99% of us somehow faced problem in our teeth and mostly we visit the same doctor we visited past unless we had bad experience or located somewhere else. Luckily, in this new location this was my first dental issue. Moreover, my wife also never faced any tooth related issues. Due lack of past dental experience we had to find a new dentist.
- Ask neighbours – When we stay away from our home town, neighbours become our family. At night I can’t do that but in morning I consultant with them to know about their past experience and any recommendations. I found, my neighbours were not much happy with their current dentist.
- Check dental newspaper ads -Daily newspaper a source to find dental clinic near me. But very hard to find and remember on which newspaper a dental advertisement was there. Moreover, newspaper dental ads only display contact information and few basic information about the dentist or dental clinic. But not provides reviews, or any other information to judge about the clinic. So, for me this source is not that reliable and easy to find while needed.
- Dental clinic advertisement pamphlets – Doctors often try to promote their clinic through pamphlets, distributing business cards in metros, railway stations, local medical shops or even hiring local newspaper distributor members in the local areas. I also came across such dental clinic ads pamphlets but in the time of my need I was not able to find. Although this way of offline advertising can be effective if use effectively.
- Dental clinic advertisement posters – Placing clinic’s posters, holdings in near by location of a dental clinic can help to make aware the local users. I came across multiple such banners in the next morning while I was searching for my dentist. This offline dental advertisement posters are effective for local users.
- Searching dentist online – Yes, online search is one of the easiest and smart way to find anything including best doctor. I choose this option and search for the dentist on global search engine Google ( Other search engines are bing, yahoo etc). And found nearby dentists contact information, reviews, about the doctor, fees, availability, clinic timing and then able to shortlist few dentists. And next day called them to finalize. This internet dental marketing strategy is a great way to reach new users which otherwise doctors can’t reach.
- Checking Facebook – With over 2.2 billion users in facebook, businesses use Facebook Advertising to promote services. Searching on relevant facebook groups, or searching dentist nearby on facebook can provide quality information about the dentist. Friends referrals are other few effective ways dentist can be found. In my case, as I used to search dental related information in past, so on my facebook account can see some dental advertisements specially from clove.
- Other Sources – Dentist can be found online from online magazine, dental marketing blog, dental marketing vlog, youtube videos, dental marketing podcasts, dental gurus forum, doctors reviews website and other content based sites..
So, as a dentist or dental clinic owner to reach your desire audience digital presence is crucial. Facebook smart marketing, re-marketing, influential marketing, social media optimisation (SMO), local search engine optimisation (SEO), chat-bot marketing are few of ways a doctor can promote his/her orthodontic services.
Note: There are several tools available for digital marketing to capture your target audience. But, only with effective marketing strate